My Mortifactors Chaplain is finished and, if I’m being completely honest about it, I’m not entirely happy with him. There are parts of it, that I really like. The source object lighting on the plasma pistol is a real win for me – not done it to that scale before and I’m happy with how it turned out. I thought I did the parchment quite well and the weathered bronze on the Crozius looks really good to my eye. I’m also pretty happy with the jet-black skin which may be part of the fluff, but could have gone really wrong and ended up looking a bit comedy because any time you go out of the normal range of human skin-colours, it’s very easy for it to go wrong. But it turned out alright and I’m fine with the idea of doing it more in the future. Oh, and I like the job I did on the base too.
However, there’s something that I can’t put my finger on that I don’t love about this model, and I don’t know what it is. Maybe I’m just being picky. I really don’t know, but I’m not thrilled with it. Maybe the colours are a little flat on the larger patches of bare armour. Maybe the lack of bone sets it too far apart from the rest of the army so far. I just don’t know. Anyway, here’s a couple of different shots of him.
The model was undercoated in black, I used Citadel Paints throughout and used a variety of brushes.
I’d love to hear your comments, so do stick them below.
PS – I tried something with the photography for this. It’s not ready yet, but it will appear soon, and I’ll let you know about it – keep your eyes peeled.