Well, the gang’s all here then. Five of the sexiest Terminators I’ve ever painted, they are ready to take to the table and mess up armour and troops in equal measure.
On the plus side of things, I think that these guys possess some of the best ‘warm bone’ that I’ve done and I think I’ve now got the technique nailed down. I’m happy with the bases – simple but fitting and effective. I also got the processes nailed down by working out what to paint and in what sequence. This cut production time down massively without messing with quality control. It’s a great kit that’s fun to paint and not nearly as fiddly as I thought it would be.
On the down side of things, I made a rookie error early on – didn’t scrub the resin hard enough or check thoroughly enough for tags and cracks before painting. I’ve been using Forge World kits for years now and should know better. It doesn’t really effect the finished product but on a personal note, I could have made everything smoother and less annoying to paint. Also, that’s a lot of edge highlighting on black which I swear is the worst shade to work with because it’s the least forgiving if you mess up. I messed up plenty so had to spend a lot of time fixing things.
Overall, I’m very happy though. They look cracking even if I do say so myself (and yes, there is a slight pun in there). At any rate, here are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy. Next project will be along as soon as I can find some time to get into it. Onwards!