As some of my earliest readers will recall, I’m quite the fan of the Calidus Assassin in games of 40k, so when I got the Relic busts, I was especially looking forward to having a go on this one. And I had a much better time painting this one than the Ultramarine completed previously. Getting the hang of painting on this surface and at this scale has been a challenge, but I’m getting there.
I tried to match the look of my 40k miniature because I really like the colour set I used for her. That explains those metallic eyes, the white hair and the hints of red. I also added that green glow to just make the black pop a little, and I’m happy with the results, though the wash had a really odd effect when it was first applied. I will say, that these pictures don’t quite do these busts justice. That’s not an excuse – I’d use it more if it was! – but when I get the whole set done, I will do a reshoot with a better camera.
Anyway, the Guardsman is next. And, as with the above model, he’ll be painted with Citadel Paints and a variety of brushes. Here are some more pictures of this relic game piece…
…and here’s a quick reminder of the 40k model for comparison.